Pages

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Vintage Fondue New Year's - It Was The 70's

No matter what was going on in our lives my mom always made sure holidays were special. I remember one New Year's Eve when she made fondue for us in her new fondue pot.  It was so delicious.  She had a cheese sauce and a chocolate sauce.  Fondue has been around for a long time.  It is a French and Swiss cheese dish.  The Swiss began their tradition in 1699 and the French in the 1700's. 
Fondue became popular in America in the 1960's and particularly in 1970's.  Growing up in the 70's I saw fondue pots everywhere. 
About 15 years ago my friend was upset because her MIL was going to serve fondue for Christmas Eve.  I told her that was great, its delicious, easy and makes everyone happy.  She did not believe me.  Obviously her MIL was a child or a teenager of the 70's.

Al Roker fondues too:


Here is the link for Chef Zane Holmquist's recipes.

My mom loves fondue.  She loves the The Melting PotFondue sets have come along way:








Hope you have a fondue New Year's.
Love,
Territory Mom

1 comment:

Oklahoma Granny said...

I always thought of fondue pots as just a way of keeping warm dips warm. Yum!