Pages

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Family Legacy

What is your family legacy? Are you working the same farm your grandparents did, do you run a business that has been in your family for 100 years, do you have a secret recipe from your great aunt or a quilt your grandma made? What is my family's legacy? I've been doing this family research thing off and on for about 10 years. One of the things I discovered about my ancestors is that at one time they owned a lot of land. This land did not stay in our family. It was either squandered away, auctioned off to pay old debts, left in the middle of the night because they couldn't pay the bank for their cow or they just had to go to California like everyone else. What happened to my family legacy? Then I realized that my family's legacy was faith. They kept the faith. It was taught to their children and their children's children. Knowing joy comes in the morning. When a family member doesn't have enough faith to get through they can use a someone else's faith for awhile. Giving your faith away keeps it growing from generation to generation. Hold on, joy comes in the morning.
Territory Mom

No comments: