Pages

Monday, August 4, 2008

The First Aunt Mamie



This is the first Aunt Mamie in one of my branches, we have three. When searching the surnames on various genealogy sites I ran across a lot of confusing information. It was common in the old days to name your children after other family members, sometimes the exact name. Well, in one of my branches the father and son shared the same name, then the son, (the oldest child) named all of his children after his brothers and sisters. I've asked questions to a fellow researchers only to get a "don't bother me until you get your facts straight" answer or no response at all. You can't be discouraged by this just keep trying. Some of the researchers are very serious and did their research before the Internet so you have to respect their work. If you find twigs with similar names you're on the right track. Make sure you have your dates right, locations, etc. Eventually you will find your branch.
Good luck,
Territory Mom

No comments: