Pages

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Looking for Emily

I'm looking for information about Emily T. Singleton Dunn Kinder, she is my ggg grandmother. She was born in Arkansas about 1848. She died about 1898 and is buried next to Adam in the Kinder Cemetery near Atkins, AR. Her father's name was Joseph, mother's unknown. Her first husband was James Dunn (absolutely no information about him).
They had a child, Charles Henry Dunn about 1867(this is my line). According to the 1870 census records, Emily was married to Adam Green Kinder. Her son Charles is listed as age 3 with the last name Dunn. Other census records show him as Kinder, which is incorrect. Charles Dunn later married Maggie Brashear, they are my great great grandparents.
It starts to get confusing from here on out. Emily and her 2nd husband Adam Kinder had a son,** Andrew who married Lillie Mae Barham, who is the older sister of my great grandfather, John J. Barham who married one of Charles and Maggie's daughters. So my gg grandmother on the Brashear/Dunn side and my gg aunt on the Barham/Willis side shared the same mother-in-law.
Also, Adam Kinder's mother was a Chronister, Maggie Brashear's sister Ursula married a Chronister and also another Barham sister married a Chronister.
But for now my focus is on Emily. Who was she? Is there a photo of her somewhere? What were her hobbies? What happened to her first husband?, etc. Can anyone out there shed light on this mystery?
Thanks,
Territory Mom
** NOTE: Emily and Adam Kinder had other children. My research is ongoing.

No comments: