Pages

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

When you Talk to an Okie Your Talkin' to History

My husband has a friend that we'll call "Dawg". He's a big guy with a gruff voice, he has a long beard, long hair, a real biker dude.
Dawg's a good guy, raised by his grandparents and still works grandpa's farm, the most beautiful bottom land in the tri-country area.
My son always loves to see him, he can't take his eyes off him. When my son was just a baby Dawg would pick him up, hold him close to face and talk to him eyeball to eyeball. My son was never afraid of this big man with the big voice. Was this a family trait Dawg inherited talking to children the way he does?
It was only a few years later when I read an article about Dawg's grandma that I found out that Dawg is Jesse Chisholm's great grandson. His grandma was going to the opening of the Chisholm Trail Heritage Center in Duncan.
So when you talk to an Okie it doesn't matter what they look like or what there wearing, most likely you'll be talkin' to history. A rich and wonderful history!!!!!
Have a great day,
Territory Mom
http://www.onthechisholmtrail.com/index.php

No comments: