Pages

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Some of the Barhams

The Barhams go all the way back to Kent, England. They immigrated to Virginia in the 1700's. My line went to North Carolina, then Tennessee then to Arkansas.
This is Ma's great great grandfather, George Washington Barham. He was born in Maury Co. Tenn. in 1820 and died in 1893 in Boone County, AR. He was the oldest of 11 children. His parents were Josiah Barham and Rachel Holbrock.
He married Eliza Jane Roy and they had 11 children. I descend from their 9th child, Andrew Jackson "Jack" Barham.
Eliza was born in July 1820 in Dickson County, Tenn. and died in 1901 in Boone County, AR. I don't know anything else about Eliza other than if you put some dark sunglasses on her she would look just like my grandma, aka Ma.
Happy Grandma's Day,
Territory Mom

1 comment:

Mrs. Sprague said...

Eliza looks just like me on a good day!