Pages

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Negatives From An Old Kodak Brownie Camera

I received an email from my new found cousin and it stated, "I remembered I had some negatives from an old Kodak Brownie Camera". I was so excited. I'm all about the old photos.
Anyway, he had 99 negatives from the 1940's and 50's in a safety deposit box. He graciously had them developed and email them to me. Below are the first photos he sent me:
Cousins
l, Inez Smith and r, my grandma
When my grandma saw this picture she said, "Inez always had store bought dresses."
More cousins, my mom is in the center
The men folk: sitting: C.H. Dunn. L to R: John Barham(my great grandpa), Herman Paddock and Harold Baker (my grandpa)
This photo was taken before my grandpa became a preacher. He always looked the same age to me. Herman Paddock and his wife Ruth Dunn Paddock raised their niece and nephews. I spoke with one of the nephews and he called him "Dad" and said that "he was the greatest man to walk this earth". I don't think you can get a better compliment than that.
Happy Grandma's Day,
Love,
Territory Mom

No comments: