Pages

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

She Went By "Fay"


Wilma Fay Barham

Wilma "Fay" Barham left this earth and went to heaven on December 13, 2009. She died in Portland, Oregon.  She was born in Comanche, OK to John & Pearl Barham.  Fay was their 6th child and their 5th daughter. According to old family notes her birthday was October 30, 1923.  In the 1940's she married Jim Damron and to this union three children were born.  She later married Ron Littler.  She is survived by her children, grandchildren, one sister and one brother.
I'm sorry to say that I do not have very much information about Fay.  She was my grandma's younger sister.  She was redheaded with blue eyes.  My grandma and her other sisters always told her she was adopted because she looked so different from them.  They were all dark skinned with dark eyes.  They were a little onry.  The last time I say Fay was about 10 years ago when she visited my grandma in Oklahoma.  It was around Valentine's Day and I had flowers sent to the both of them.  They were thrilled.  I'm so glad I did it.  This past October she threw herself a birthday party.  She was fun.
Good-bye Fay and we will see you soon.
Love,
Territory Mom
P.S.  If any family members have anything they want to add to Fay's Tribute, please let me know.  Also, any photos of her would be great.  Thanks

No comments: