I received this wonderful award from ThePrairieMaid to her I say a big "THANK YOU SWEET GIRL".
Here's how it works:
The rules that go along with this award are:
Accept and thank the person who gave the award to you!
List ten things about yourself
List five additional things you DISLIKE
Then pick five people to receive this award:
10 things about me:
1. I was born in Ardmore, OK (you don't have to go back this far)
2. I didn't say a word until I was 3 years old. My mom thought I was deaf so she took me to the doctor along with my older sister (21 months older) The doctor knew right away the problem and told my mom not let my sister answer for me and I would speak. Okay it worked, but sometimes I still let my sister speak for me, she is much more eloquent than me.
3. I am the 4th child out of 5.
4. You know I am a Christian. I become born again when I was a child but I didn't not truly have a relationship with Christ until I became a mother. There is a quote which I love, but I can't remember who said it. "you don't know that you need Jesus until Jesus is all you have". Hallelujah!!!
5. My husband and I met on a blind date (our parents fixed us up, kind of sad)
6. I am an excellent cook, if I do say so myself. I would love to have a cafe, maybe one day I will and be on Diners-Drive-Ins&Dives.
7. I am 45 years old, but feel younger today than I did in my 20's. Never stress about getting older, embrace it. It only gets better from one year to the next.
8. Sounds crazy but I always wanted to be an actress, no one famous, just the fun lady that plays a waitress or the best friend. I always wanted to say things like "kiss my grits" or "just because you went to OU for 6 weeks doesn't make you smarter than me". (I just made that one up)
9. I'm a crafter/seamstress and so I once made a Victorian style hat for my sister in about 2 hours. She was going to be in a play and the hat was missing from her costume. So I made her one out of an old Stetson hat box of my grandpa's, black velvet and black tulle. It's amazing what you can do with an old hat box.
10. I love Oklahoma. When I was a child we lived in another state for awhile. It was a difficult time but even then I knew if we could just get back to Oklahoma we would be okay. So, by His grace, we made it back home to Oklahoma.
Now things I dislike:
1. chicken snakes,
2. chicken egg eatin' racoons, bobcats and coyotes,
3. when my fried chicken doesn't turn out right,
4. potato bugs (I found out you have to plant marigolds next to your plants to keep the bugs away)
and most important
5. snakes. I know I said that already but I really don't like them.
Now to the five following bloggers to receive the award from me. First, I am a better person for having "met" all my blogger buddies. Everyone deserves this award and I want everyone to have it. So, if you are a follower then take it with my blessing. Okay, if you're not a follower, take it with my blessing. I know this is a cop-out. This why no one ask me to judge any contests, such as a toddler pageants, cheerleader tryouts or American Idol.
Have a wonderful and safe weekend.