Pages

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

We Made It To WoodyFest


We made it to the Children's Festival at WoodyFest last Friday.  Man, was it hot.  First we sat in the park and listened to the Red Dirt Rangers.  Then we headed over to the playground.


Then we hung out with the clowns:
Then we played on this cool thing:

Then, we heard the Red Dirt Rangers sing, Oklahoma Hills and went to dancing:
Make sure you get your picture taken by the big tank:

Arlo Guthrie opened the festival with his concert at the Crystal Theatre last Wednesday, July 14, 2010.  It was standing room only.  Arlo flew in from his concerts in Europe just for the event.  Very gracious!!!
For more about Arlo's concert and a video go here.
We then set out to find the craft vendors, but I couldn't find them.  I found out later that they were at the Pastures of Plenty.  That is where the evening concerts are and it is far from the downtown area.  I don't like this idea, but I think it works for everyone.  I asked my husband why they have the evening concerts so far from everything else.  He said if they didn't Stoney Larue would wake up the entire county.  
I continued to complain and he said, they are always looking for volunteers.  Guess what I might be doing next year.
SheezKrafty was at the festival.  Check out her site for her cool photos of the event.

Have a great day.
Love,
Territory Mom

2 comments:

Oklahoma Granny said...

Arlo Guthrie is one of my favorites. Ahhh - the days of "Alice's Restaurant"! The last time we saw him perform was back in 2006 at Epcot in DisneyWorld with a couple of his children. It was quite a treat!

Ever Blessed said...

Great pictures! It looks like y'all had a good time. Glad you were able to make it!