Pages

Friday, October 15, 2010

Oklahoma To Me - 28th Verse

Image from: Tulsa World


Oklahoma to me . . .
is feeling an earthquake?

Did you feel it on Wednesday?
I couldn't believe it.  This is the first time I have ever felt an earthquake.
I thought a herd of cattle had hit the house, then I remembered I don't have a herd of cattle, just a few little ones. 
 I knew it was an earthquake and immediately looked at the clock; 9:08 am.
You know the feeling when you fall and lose your breath.  That is how I felt all day.  I live about 90 miles from the EpiCenter and still felt it.  My husband was working in Sand Springs, but didn't feel it.
Oddly, it felt like something hit the south side of the house, but shook the entire house.  Thank heavens my Frankoma didn't break.

Have a great day.
Love,
Territory Mom

4 comments:

Mom Mayhem says: said...

I know an Okie earthquake?! I didn't feel it actually. But, this was my 2nd okie earthquake I've been in -The 1st one was in Lawton 1998 I was half asleep and thought the bed was shaking -and like a lot of people just thought they were doing something crazy at the army base -to later find out it was a small earthquake!

RCUBEs said...

That must be scary since you don't have earthquakes as much, but glad to know everything/everyone's a OK!

God bless.

Oklahoma Granny said...

Our son called to say there had been an earthquake. He's in OKC. He felt it. Then coming north, my MIL lives in Tulsa and she didn't feel it. Our daughter was at work in Bartlesville (on the 13th floor of her building) and she felt it. Keep heading north and we didn't feel it. Continue on to the north and a lady in Coffeyville, KS felt it (she was on the news.) Odd how some felt it and others didn't. I was kind of surprised that our lab didn't sense something. He can tell thunder and lightning is on the way WAY before it gets here.

Prairiemaid said...

We felt it down here!;) This is actually the third earthquake we have felt....the last two have been within a few months of each other. The other one was a long, long time ago. I think I was about 8 or 9.

No aftershocks, though....I kept waiting.

Have a great *unshakable* weekend!