Pages

Friday, September 16, 2011

Two Beloved Okemah Women Have Finished Their Race

Corner of Woody Guthrie Blvd and Glen D. Johnson Drive
Taken by me during the bitter cold of Feb., 2011

Two women in my community have gone on to a better place this week.  One woman, the beloved, Imogene had a long race on this earth and finished at age 90.  Brenda's race was cut short because of a tragic accident.  She was only 54. 
While both women accomplished a lot deal during their lives people share the hometown memories the most.  Imogene was the high school football queen in the late 1930's and Brenda loved her horses.
Both women contributed a great deal to the agricultural and educational needs of our community.
I never met these women but I know from reading about their sons in the local paper that they were both devoted and loving mothers.  Both women raised outstanding citizens.  Imogene had one son and Brenda had two sons. 
Watch the following videos and you will agree with me that these were two wonderful women and mothers: OSU 2011 Outstanding Senior and Lessons In Leadership - Dr. Glen Johnson.

It will be a busy day tomorrow in Okemah with two funeral for two lovely ladies.

 I have fought the good fight,
 I have finished the race,
 I have kept the faith.
2 Timothy 4:7 (NIV)

Also, sadly I lost one of my high school classmates this week.  She was also a devoted and loving mother.  I will post about her later.

Have a great day.
Love,
Territory Mom


For more information you can go to these links:

No comments: