Pages

Friday, November 11, 2011

Thanks Utah Carl For Serving Our Country-Veteran's Day 11-11-11

I never knew Utah Carl Branscum, but I like his name.
We were visited family graves on Memorial Day and I took this photo of his grave.  He is buried next to my husband's brother.  They seem to be keeping each other company. 
Utah Carl was raised in Okfuskee County and served his country during the Korean War.  He married a girl named, Grace from Texas.
I found his parents closed by:
I bet they were proud of their son.  Tandy Branscum served our country during WWI.
I also found Utah Carl's brother:
Later I'll post these photos to findagrave.com so their family can find them.
Veteran's Day is about remembering those who served our country whether we knew them or not.
So, thanks Utah Carl for serving our country.
"Freedom is never free"
unknown

Here are some links to other blogs who are remembering Veteran's Day:

Love,
Territory Mom

2 comments:

RCUBEs said...

So much sacrifice on their part...May God bless and protect our troops currently serving and also the Vets. They should always be remembered.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Freedom is never free, I love it.